Global Liquid Detergent Market 2015-2019
Covering: This market research report presents the segmentation of the global liquid detergent market by retail format (hypermarkets and supermarkets, independent stores, and convenience stores) and by geography (Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA). The report also includes an insightful analysis of the leading companies in the market such as Church & Dwight, Henkel, P&G, Reckitt Benckiser, Clorox, and Unilever.
Market analysis of the liquid detergent market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global liquid detergent market to witness a steady growth at a rate of 8% during the forecast period. The increase in working women population and the rise in disposable income are the key drivers for the growth of this market. The rise in penetration of washing machines in developing countries is also contributing to the need for automated laundry products like liquid detergent. During 2014, nearly 77% of the Chinese population has access to washing machines.
The rising demand for eco-friendly liquid detergents is also expected to fuel the growth of this market during the forecast period. Eco-friendly or green products are made of natural substances; chemicals, artificial additives, and other synthetics are not used during the production process. For instance, Seventh Generation is an American company that manufactures a variety of natural and plant-based liquid detergent.
Segmentation by retail format and analysis of the liquid detergent market
• Hypermarkets and supermarkets
• Independent stores
• Convenience stores
During 2014, hypermarkets and supermarkets accounted for the largest contribution of around 45% of the revenue generated in the market. The contribution of liquid detergent products sales from this store format is more for the developed nations such as the US when compared to the developing nations like India and China.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global liquid detergent market
The Americas dominated the global market during 2014 with a market share of around 45%. The high demand for concentrated liquid detergent is an important driver for this region. The US, Canada and Brazil are the key markets in this region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global liquid detergent market is highly competitive with the presence of well-established suppliers. The providers in this market compete on the basis of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing. The report predicts the expansion of the leading vendors in emerging markets during the forecast period.
The leading vendors in the market are -
• Church & Dwight
• Reckitt Benckiser
Other vendors in the market include Dreft, Guangzhou Liby, Kao, LG, Lion Corp, Phoenix Brand, Pigeon, PZ Cussons, Sears Daily Necessities, Seventh Generation, The Sun Products, Wipro, and Zhejiang Yuanmin.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global liquid detergent market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the liquid detergent market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in this market space?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the liquid detergent market?
• Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global liquid detergent market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Dishwashing Detergent Market in Europe- Market Research 2015-2019
• Global Dishwashing Detergent Market 2015-2019
• Global Laundry Care- Market Research 2015-2019