With total telecoms service revenue of US$479m in 2015, Guinea's telecoms market is smaller than neighboring countries Mali, Senegal and Cote d'Ivoire. Over the next five years, Pyramid Research expects Guinea's total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 7.4%, to reach $685m in 2020.
- Telecom service revenue in Guinea is estimated to reach $479m in 2015, registering growth of 9.1% over the previous year. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest contributor, contributing 87.3% to total revenue in 2015. Apart from mobile voice, mobile data is expected to drive the overall telecom market with operators expanding their networks and introducing bundled plans to cater to the diverse needs of customers.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2015-2020 to reach $685m in 2020.
- The fixed-mobile revenue split will be heavily inclined towards mobile, which will account for an estimated 97.4% of overall service revenue in 2015.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is expected to increase from 2.7% of the subscriber base in 2014 to 7% in 2015, driven by operator focus on 3G network expansion across the country.
- Revenue from fixed internet services will grow at a CAGR of 11.6% during 2015-2020 to reach $20m by 2020. Broadband line penetration is expected to reach 0.15% by 2020.
“Guinea (Conakry): Continued Mobile Subscription Growth and Mobile Data Usage to Drive Market Development” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guinea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Guinea, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Guinea in a regional context: a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Guinea.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator (for mobile), average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Guinea.
Reasons To Buy
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the telecommunications market in Guinea based on insights directly from the local market players.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of telecommunications market of Guinea Conakry, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guinea Conakry'ss mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 15 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Guinea Conakry's telecom market.
- Contains analysis of key telecom players in the market and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guinea Conakry.