Evolving customer dynamics and changing business requirements are placing greater emphasis on improving profit margins. This, in turn, has driven medium-sized enterprises to deploy various IT solutions to achieve differentiation and competence in their respective operating sector. Additionally, medium-sized enterprises are looking to use leading ICT solutions to support their plans for growth and modernization in 2015.
- Kables survey shows that ICT investment by medium-sized enterprises is expected to show an upward trajectory owing to the lower TCO (total cost of ownership) and higher ROI (return on investment).
- SaaS (software as a service), owing to its lower cost, high scalability, and seamless integration is the most popular cloud computing solution, while private cloud is the most widely adopted in terms of mode of deployment.
- Meanwhile, leading-edge technology is considered as the most important criterion in choosing an ICT service provider.
ICT investment trends in medium-sized enterprises presents the findings from a survey of 1,021 medium-sized enterprises regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how medium-sized enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies these enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility. Understand the approach adopted by medium-sized enterprises to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to medium-sized enterprises.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions medium-sized enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Medium-sized enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility
- Factors that are influencing medium-sized enterprises investments in each technology category
- How medium-sized enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Medium-sized enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into medium-sized enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that medium-sized enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing medium-sized enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the medium-sized enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by medium-sized enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of medium-sized enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing medium-sized enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that medium-sized enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies