Immunoassay is a test conducted to determine concentration of macromolecule in a solution using antibody or immunoglobulin. The macromolecule detected is known as analyte. Immunoassay is used to measure quantity of analytes in serum and urine for medical and research purposes. It is also used in qualitative, quantitative and radioactivity procedures to ensure accuracy of results obtained. High sensitivity and specificity of immunoassays are used to speed up the reactions.
Rising incidences of chronic & infectious disease and use of immunoassays in Oncology are factor propelling the growth of the world immunoassay market. In addition, technological advancements and sensitivity, cost effectiveness, & rapid analysis offered by immunoassays supplement the growth. However, low detection limit and implementation of excise duty by the U.S. Government are hindering the growth of this market. Expanding biotechnology & pharmaceutical industries and laboratory automation and emerging markets in Asia presents significant opportunities.
The world immunoassay market is segmented based on technology, product & services, application, end user, and geography. The technology segment is further classified into ELISA, fluorescence, colorimetric, chemiluminescence, rapid test, western blot, ELISPOT, and PCR. The products & services covered in the report are reagents & kits, analyzers, and software services. The applications discussed in the report are infectious disease, endocrinology, cardiology, oncology, and hematology. The end user segment is further classified into hospitals, clinical laboratories, blood banks, academic research centers, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and others. Worldly, the market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are Roche Diagnostics Limited, Siemens Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, BioMrieux, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Alere Inc., Sysmex Corporation, and Becton, Dickinson & Company. Various strategies, such as expansions, collaborations, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, expansions, joint ventures, and others have been adopted by prominent manufacturers to gain a strong foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world immunoassay market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world immunoassay market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the world immunoassay market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of immunoassay) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies.
- Geographically, the world immunoassay market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- The Immunoassay Market By Technology
- Rapid Test
- Western Blot
- The Immunoassay Market By Product & Service
- Reagents & Kits
- Software Services
- The Immunoassay Market By Application
- Infectious Disease
- The Immunoassay Market By End User
- Clinical Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Academic Research Centers
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- The Immunoassay Market By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Key Market Players:
- Roche Diagnostics Limited
- Siemens Healthcare
- Abbott Laboratories
- Beckman Coulter
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Alere Inc.
- Sysmex Corporation
- Becton, Dickinson & Company