Medical imaging is a technique used for the creating the visual representation of the internal body parts for the purpose of clinical analysis and medical intervention. The use of this technique revels internal structure that is hidden by the skin and bones for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The medical imaging technique includes the use of several modern equipment such as CT scan, ultrasound, X-ray, MRI, and others. The market for medical imaging processing has witnessed a high growth due to increasing use of these techniques in the medical diagnosis, disease monitoring and treatment of disease. The growth would be driven by the increasing government investment in the healthcare infrastructure development. Moreover, the growing awareness about the early diagnosis of disease with the help of medical imaging process are fuelling the growth of global medical imaging processing market.
Global medical imaging process market is segment based on the techniques into CT scan, X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound, nuclear imaging, and others. CT scan and X-ray technique segment hold the dominant share in the market. The availability of handheld X-ray devices and MRI scanners are fuelling the growth of global medical image processing market. Based on the image type, the market is segmented into 2D image, 3D image and 4D image. The introduction of 4D imaging have injected new momentum in the radiation therapy and it has also minimized the small tissue complications. The 4D imaging technology aims to track and compensate the target motion during radiation treatment and minimization of normal tissue injuries. The market is further segmented based on the application such as cardiology, gynaecology, breast mammography, neurology, oncology, autoimmune disease and others. Based on the geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America holds the dominant share in the market owing to the early acceptance of the technology. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing segment due to the increasing government initiatives in the healthcare industry. Moreover, the rising awareness of these techniques has been playing a key role in the growth of Asia-Pacific medical image processing market.
The key players of the market includes GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Hitachi Medical Corporation, Hologic, Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Samsung Medison, Shimadzu Corporation, , and Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation.
- Market analysis based on current market scenario and expected future trends to enable stakeholders take strategic decisions
- Analysis of the factors impacting the market to understand business opportunities
- Analysis of the market based on devices and geography as well as forecast from 2014 – 2021
- Identification of key investment pockets for various applications, services and geographies
- Identification of the key players and their strategic moves
- Implications of the regulations and reimbursement scenario in diabetes care
- Evaluation of market trends to provide deep-dive intelligence into every market segment
- Competitive analysis to effectively plan and execute business plan
- Micro level analysis based on application, service and geography
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global medical image processing market is segmented into three major categories: application, technology, image type and geography.
- Breast mammography
- Autoimmune disease
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- Nuclear Imaging
MARKET BY IMAGE TYPE
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America