“Mining Business Confidence Report Q3 2014” is a new report by Kable that globally analyzes industry opinions on the latest economic and customer issues, and their impact on investment decisions and growth prospects within the mining industry. This report also examines executive opinions with regards to the current and future state of the economy and its effect on the industry. It analyzes the likely effect of supplier price changes, sales performance, and staff headcount within the industry over July-September 2014. In addition, it provides an overview of the key priorities, threats, and opportunities for the global mining industry over July-September 2014. Furthermore, the survey forecasts the changes within the mining equipment market, procurement budget allocations and leading suppliers in mining equipment categories.
- Overall, 46% of mining industry respondents state that they are operating in an unfavorable economic environment, while 39% state that their current economic conditions are stable
- The majority of global mining industry respondents anticipate positive growth for both their companies and the industry over July-September 2014
- Industry respondents from the Rest of the World expect the highest growth in staff headcount and sales volume in July-September 2014
- Protecting and growing market share and customer retention are the most popular priorities of mining industry executives operating across all regions
- The majority of respondents from Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World are keen to purchase outright rather than used equipment or leasing
- The majority of mining executives operating in North America see no major investments in equipment purchases for 2014 and 2015
- Respondents intend to allocate the biggest part of their procurement budget towards meeting operating expenses in 2014 and 2015
- Mining industry survey results indicate Caterpillar Inc. as the common supplier for all types of mining equipment
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Kable's exclusive panel of leading global mining industry executives. The report analyzes current global economic conditions and their impact on the mining industry, and forecasts the company and industry growth prospects over July-September 2014. It provides information about the impact of customer confidence, supplier prices, and staff headcount likely to affect investment decisions over July-September 2014. Additionally, the report includes the trends in the mining equipment market, analysis of the procurement budget allocations and leading suppliers of mining equipment.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Industry executives' opinions about the current state of the global economy, examining the prevailing economic conditions and executives' opinions with regards to the global economy and the state of economic conditions in various regions
- The growth prospects of companies and the industry as a whole, providing industry executives' expectations on the growth prospects of their company and the Industry over July-September 2014
- Change in customer confidence, analyzing mining industry executives' opinions on changes in customer confidence globally, over July-September 2014
- Impact of supplier prices, determining the expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence, and examines the key factors influencing the change
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance, tracking the expected changes in staff headcount and sales among industry executives operating in various regions, over July-September 2014
- Investment activities, ascertaining the various investment activities on which industry executives intend to focus on over July-September 2014
- Business concerns, examining industry executives' attitudes towards various business concerns and provides regional analysis
- Key priorities, identifying the immediate business priorities of mining industry executives over July-September 2014
- Purchase preferences for the mining equipment and investment allocations in the mining equipment categories
- Total procurement budget split between capital expenditure and operating expenditure, tracking the changes in the budget for 2014 and expectations for 2015
Reasons To Buy
- The report projects the current and future operating conditions of the mining industry, and allows readers to make effective business decisions
- The report helps readers make strategic decisions by understanding the present and future economic and customer issues, including key growth regions
- Mining industry suppliers will be provided with a clear uncovering of the key challenges and opportunities, and identify the key priorities likely to affect the industry's growth prospects
- The report forecasts the change in supplier prices of various products, which are likely to influence the industry's growth prospects over July-September 2014
- The report helps executives to recognize the change in customer confidence levels in the global mining industry over July-September 2014
- The report enables the executives to take key decisions on purchase preferences and investments in mining equipment.
- The report also helps the executives to know the leading suppliers in the mining equipment categories.