Pressure is mounting on food and drink manufacturers to respond with reduced sugar or sugar-free formulations that help reduce consumption. Using insight from Canadean Consumer's 2015 Q2 global survey, this report identifies perceptions of different types of sugar and sweeteners, helps identify which sweeteners appeal to key target consumer groups, and explores future innovation opportunities.
- Access a unique blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand why the sugar backlash is occurring and which consumers are most affected.
- Understand consumer perceptions as to the healthfulness of different sweeteners including stevia, xylitol, and aspartame.
- Explore which sweeteners are most attractive to which consumer groups.
- Discover innovation examples of how manufacturers are responding to the sugar backlash, and identify emerging sweeteners with future potential.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is the backlash towards sugar occurring and what does it mean for the food and drink industry?
- Which sweeteners do consumers perceive in the most positive light?
- How do consumers perceive artificial versus "natural" sweeteners?
28% of consumers globally are concerned about having too much sugar, with women and millennials among the most concerned.
Among the current “on-trend” food villains, consumers have the most negative view of sugar; more so than fat (traditionally seen as one of the most vilified food ingredients).