Optoelectronic components are electronic components that detect & control light, and converts electrical signals into infrared or visible energy or vice versa. It is used in electric eyes, monitor & control circuits, photovoltaic power supplies, and optical fiber communications systems. Injection laser diodes and quantum cascade lasers use optoelectronic components for stimulated emission. Image sensors and LEDs are used for safety purposes, packaging, and digital imaging systems.
Increasing use of infrared components in cameras & automobiles and low power consumption of optoelectronic components are factors propelling the growth of the market. However, high cost of devices and inexpensive substitute technologies are obstructing the growth of the market. Technological advancements in LED communication and increasing R & D activities create huge opportunities in the market.
The world optoelectronic components market is segmented based on component type, application, and geography. The component types included in the report are LED, laser diode, and image sensor. The applications covered in the report are residential and commercial, consumer electronics, industrial, and healthcare. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent companies operating in the market are Cree Inc., Sony Corporation, Osram Licht AG, ON Semiconductor, OmniVision Technologies Inc., Vishay Intertechnology Inc., Sharp Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Koninklijke Philips N.V. They have adopted strategies, such as expansions, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, new product launches, and others to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world optoelectronic components market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world optoelectronic components market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments within the world optoelectronic components market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world optoelectronic components market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Component Type
- Laser Diode
- Image Sensor
- By Application
- Residential & Commercial
- Consumer Electronics
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- Cree Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Osram Licht AG
- ON Semiconductor
- OmniVision Technologies Inc.
- Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.