'Peru: Incumbent Mobile Operators Face Rising Competitive Pressure from New Entrants,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Peru's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Peruvian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The Peruvian telecom services market will record total revenue of $5.0bn in 2014, registering a year-over-year growth of 0.9% (in local currency terms, total market revenue will expand by 5.9% in 2014). With the fifth largest population in Latin America, Peru is home to the seventh largest telecom services sector in the region.
- The mobile market in Peru is characterized by a particularly strong duopoly, with Movistar and Claro accounting for close to 94% of the country's total mobile subscriptions. Going forward, we expect Movistar and Claro's share of the market to decrease as they face increasing competition from Entel (formerly Nextel Peru) and new entrant Bitel, which are implementing aggressive pricing strategies.
- With a year-end 2014 estimated penetration of 5.9%, broadband penetration remains low when compared with that of other markets in the region.
- The Peruvian pay-TV market generated an estimated $351m in service revenue in 2014. With an estimated year-end 2014 household penetration of 21.4%, or 1.4m subscriptions, pay-TV adoption in Peru is well below the region's average of 41.3%.
“Peru: Incumbent Mobile Operators Face Rising Competitive Pressure from New Entrants” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Perutoday, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Peru's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Peru in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Peru.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well asforecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Peru's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Peru's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Peru.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Peruvian market to operators, vendors and investors.