Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavored). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Republic of Ireland cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains producer profiles for four major and five smaller producers.
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Republic of Ireland Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the ROI cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The cider market used to be fairly traditional, with an older, mainly male, consumer profile and little brand innovation. In pubs, cider traditionally competed with lager and more recently with FABs. However, the fashion of drinking cider over ice was popularized by Bulmers Original several years ago thus broadening the appeal of cider as an alcoholic drink to a wider and younger consumer audience, including females.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
As a result of innovation, cider is now more appealing to a younger demographic than before through a wider choice of products. In many ways these new ciders compete in the same space as FABs and many FABs drinkers, especially younger females, have expanded the range of alcoholic drinks they consume to include cider.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Republic of Ireland Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Reasons To Buy
To some extent the cider market is still weather dependent.
Consumers are seeking out cheaper Private Label products and discounters’ brands such as Lidl and Aldi, but these remain relatively small in the cider market.
As a result of innovation, cider is now more appealing to a younger demographic than before through a wider choice of products.
In 2011 the cider market was only very slightly down on 2010, helped by the lowering of excise in 2010.
Flavor extension, particularly in flavored cider, is helping to broaden the appeal of the category to a wider audience.
Table Of Contents
Section 1 Market Update
• Market Size
• Market Value
• Distribution 2011
• Current and Emerging Trends
• Imports and Exports
• Top 10 Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Brand Analysis
• Private Label/Private Label Producers
• New Products Activity
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
• BULMERS IRELAND (C&C IRELAND)
• C&C Group Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• GLEESON GROUP
• Gleeson Group Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• COMANS WHOLESALE LTD
• Comans Wholesale Ltd Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• RICHMOND MARKETING
• Richmond Marketing Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• DIAGEO IRELAND
• Diageo Ireland Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• HEINEKEN IRELAND
• Heineken Ireland Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List Of Tables
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
• Table 1.2.1 – Taxation Base
• Table 1.2.2 – Historical Excise Rates of Cider
• Table 1.2.3 – Legal Controls on Cider
• Table 1.3.1 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
• Table 1.3.2 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Liters, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2011
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2001-2012F
• Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
• Cider Production/Trade/Consumption – Growth, 2005-2012F
• Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
• Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
• Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
• Cider Private Label Brands, 2007-2011
• Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
• Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
• Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
• Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
• Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List Of Figures
• Chart – Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011
• Market Structure
• Cider Producers/Importers
• Chart – Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
• Packaging Trends
• Chart – Distribution by Channel, 2011
• Chart – Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
• Market Valuation & Pricing
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Distribution Trends