Slovakia: Investments in LTE and FTTx Will Continue as Broadband Takes Center Stage for Market Growth, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Slovakias mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Slovakian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, the Slovakian telecommunication service market generated revenue of $2.0bn, down 0.9% from 2013. Over the forecast period, we expect revenue to growth at a moderate pace, driven by data services, as operators continue to expand their 4G coverage and fiber footprints in order to meet demand for higher bandwidth.
- Slovakias telecom services market is dominated by three integrated players. The top two operators, Slovak Telekom and Orange Slovakia, which offer fixed voice, broadband, pay-TV and mobile services, accounted for 73.4% of the service revenue total in 2014. We expect the telecom market to become more competitive over the forecast period, with O2 Slovakia, a mobile pure play that is third-largest in the market, gaining market share at the expense of the two others.
- Demand for fixed broadband will drive growth in the fixed telecom market in Slovakia through 2019. Uptake will be driven by service bundling and the deployment of next-generation networks, stimulated by the Slovakian regulator, which will use public funds to encourage broadband deployments where it is commercially unattractive for operators to deploy NGN on their own initiative.
- Major opportunities for investors in 2015 will come from Slovak Telekom which public shares are up to sell by the Slovakian Government. Also, the fragmentation of alternative players in the fixed market indicates the potential for consolidation
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Slovakia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Slovakias telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Slovakia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Slovakia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Slovakias telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Slovakias telecommunications and IPTV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Slovakias mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Slovakias telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Slovakia.