Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines how Kraft Foods Group generated growth for its mature cheese brand Velveeta by meeting demand from its most loyal consumers for even more usage occasions.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why are Velveeta brand extensions considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins this success?
- What can I learn from the success of Velveeta brand extensions?
Demand from existing consumers for yet further uses fueled Velveeta growth, contrary to the belief that light users are the best source of revenue gains.
Velveeta's strength lies in its authenticity - loyal fans genuinely feel that it is a superior product despite the obvious lack of health credentials.