Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This study explores how Fridge Raiders built success through a niche focus on teenagers (and their parents) and afternoon/after-school snack occasions, fueled to a significant degree by "sticky" advertising and lifestyle cues.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Mattessons Fridge Raiders considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins the ongoing success of Mattessons Fridge Raiders?
- Which consumer trends has Mattessons Fridge Raiders capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Mattessons Fridge Raiders' successful approach to establishing a profitable niche within a very congested snacking sector?
Mattessons Fridge Raiders were launched in 2005 as a chilled pre-cooked chicken snack alternative to other typical snack products. The product has grown from a standing start to a key force behind the doubling in value of the meat snacks category.
Within the packed lunch context, Fridge Raiders provides a positive alternative to the unhealthy products that have drawn ire from critical observers. In the after-school context, the product looks original, healthy, and an "easy sell" for parents to their children on taste and variety grounds.