Brand guardians can benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study explores how improving the user experience with new packaging capabilities has led to Unilever's Vaseline brand contributing strongly to the company's high performing personal care business.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Vaseline Spray andamp; Go considered a compelling case?
- What consumer insight underpins the brand's success?
- Which consumer trends has Unilever capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Unilever's success?
Vaseline Spray andamp; Go effectively addresses a fundamental usage barrier. Few women moisturize every day primarily due to time pressure, with traditional lotions often perceived as taking too long to apply and absorb.
This is a telling example of how leading companies can win simply by paying close attention - and responding to - unmet needs.