Pharmaceuticals excipient is a substance added with an active ingredient during manufacturing process of a drug. It helps in long term stabilization, reduction of viscosity, and enhancement of solubility of a drug. The prevention of denaturation of active ingredient at the time of manufacturing process of drug is possible through excipients. It also enhances of taste & appearance of medicines. Pharmaceutical excipients help in transportation of drug to intended part of body and disintegration of drug into small particles to reach blood stream faster.
The growth of the global pharmaceuticals market and emergence of new excipients are factors that fuel the growth of the world pharmaceuticals excipients market. However, declining R&D investments and increased regulatory requirements leading to shortage of FDA-approved manufacturing sites. An advancement in nanotechnology and multi-functionality excipients are creating opportunities in the market.The world pharmaceutical excipients market is segmented based on products, functionality, routes of administration, and geography. The products covered in the report include organic and inorganic chemicals. On the basis of functionality, the market is classified into fillers, binders, lubricants, and preservatives. Oral, topical, parenteral, and others are routes of administration discussed in the report. The market is divided geographically into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Some of the prominent players in this market are BASF SE, Ashland Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Evonik Industries, Roquette, Colorcon Inc., FMC Corporation, Avantor Performance Materials Inc., and Lubrizol Corporation. Various strategies such as collaborations, expansions, joint ventures, acquisitions, and new product launches have helped these companies to strengthen their position in this competitive market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world pharmaceutical excipients market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world pharmaceutical excipients market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world pharmaceutical excipients market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world pharmaceutical excipients market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Product
- Organic Chemicals
- Inorganic Chemicals
- By Functionality
- By Routes of Administration
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- BASF SE
- Ashland Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries
- Colorcon Inc.
- FMC Corporation
- Avantor Performance Materials Inc.
- Lubrizol Corporation