Weight loss and weight management diets are consumed to reduce body weight or to avoid oneself from gaining weight. Low-calorie and low-sodium food & beverages are increasingly used by consumers to reduce the overall calorie intake through food and beverages and are referred to as better-for-you food & beverages. Sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, cream of hot rice cereal and many other such foods are gaining popularity among health and fitness conscious customers. Meal replacements are used as a substitute for regular food items and comprise of protein bars, protein shakes and other such products. Dietary supplements are being increasingly used by consumers to burn body fat and reduce overall body weight. North America is the highest revenue generating region in the global weight loss and weight management market. The APAC region, however, would witness fastest growth during the forecast period due to the rising obese population, increasing disposable income and rising health consciousness among individuals.
Weight gain and obesity are amongst major health concerns for individuals today. Excess weight leads to major health issues such as diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure and many others. Other factors driving the market include health awareness initiatives of the government and attractive marketing strategies adopted by players operating in weight loss and weight management diet market. However, the rising production costs of protein supplements and premium pricing of better-for-you food & beverages are amongst major challenges for the industry.
The market is segmented on the basis of product type, distribution channel and geography. The products covered in the report include better-for-you food & beverages, meal replacements, dietary supplements, low-calorie sweeteners and green tea. On the basis of distribution channels, the market is segmented into multi-level marketing, large retail, small retail, health & beauty stores and online distribution. To gain a comprehensive understanding, the market scenario is analyzed across key geographic regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Asia Pacific has emerged to be the fastest growing market primarily due to the rapid increase in obesity caused due to the increasing per-capita consumption of fast foods in the region.
The key players profiled in the report are The Coca Cola Company, PepsiCo, Inc., Herbalife International, Kellogg Company, General Mills Inc., Nutrisystem Inc., Abott. Healthcare, Weight Watchers International Inc., Medifast Inc. and Kraft Foods. Herbalife Ltd has adopted multi-level marketing as a key strategy for selling and marketing its weight loss and management products. Whole grain pasta, corn flakes, oatmeal, wheat bread, organic fries and protein-bars are among the highly popular weight management products marketed by food and snack companies.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global weight loss and weight management diet market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and forecast through 2014-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market
- Porters Five Force model of the industry and SWOT analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
Weight Loss and Weight Management Diet Market Segmentation
- Better-for-you food and beverages
- Meal replacements
- Dietary supplements
- Diet Pills
- Other Supplements
- Low-calorie sweeteners
- Green tea
- North America
- The Coca Cola Company
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Herbalife International
- Kellogg Company
- General Mills Inc.
- NutriSystem Inc.
- Abott Laboratories
- Weight Watchers International Inc.
- Medifast Inc.
- Kraft Foods