“Cigarettes in Ecuador” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Ecuador Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• Taxation is being used as a way of both reducing tobacco consumption as well as raising revenue for the government. Excise duty was increased by 14.2% in July 2014.
• Currently contraband is having a severe impact on duty paid sales once again. Duty paid volumes dropped by 6.7% to 2.8 billion pieces in 2013 with another fall to 2.6 billion pieces forecast in 2014. Contraband currently accounts for around 23.5% of overall sales.
• As of 2013 they stood at 181 pieces, down 18.1% on 1990. Forecasts for 2014 are for another decline of 8.3% to 166 pieces.
• “Cigarettes in Ecuador” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Ecuador.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Ecuador. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Ecuador.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Ecuador along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Ecuador, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, Legitimate Consumption, 1990-2014
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2013
Taxation & Retail Prices
Summary of Cigarettes Taxes, 2014
Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2003-2008
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2013
Industrias del Tabaco, Alimentos y Bebidas SA (Itabsa)
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures