“Cigarettes in Sri Lanka” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Sri Lanka Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Total duty paid sales were 4.13 billion pieces in 2013 with per capita consumption at 191 pieces per person.
- The situation is not set to improve greatly during 2014 with duty increases again dampening demand. Sales are set to fall by 2.2% to 4.05 billion pieces.
- Sales are forecast at 4.99 billion pieces in 2023, 20.7% up on 2013, while capita consumption is set to increase to 214 pieces, a rise of 12% on 2013.
- “Cigarettes in Sri Lanka” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Sri Lanka. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Sri Lanka, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Market, 1993-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2003 and 2008-2013
Market Segmentation, 2008, 2009 and 2012
Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 1999-2003 and 2008-2010
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Brand Shares, 2008, 2009, and 2011-2012
Taxation and Retail Prices
Development of Cigarette Tax Rates, 2000-2014
Taxation Structure, 2014
Excise Tax Revenues (Cigarettes), 2002-2012
Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2000-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age and Gender, 2003
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Ceylon Tobacco Company Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023