This report provides a concise overview of the Dairy Food market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Dairy Food sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Dairy Food categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Dairy Food categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Australian Dairy Food sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Australian Dairy Food sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Price and health are increasingly important for Australian consumers as the Dairy Food sector evolves to take into account pressures on consumer spending and a rising awareness of weight issues. Busy lives and ethical consumerism are both changing the Dairy Food market dynamics, where frozen Dairy Food is providing strong competition to Ice Cream, and is increasingly considered as a snacking option.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Public awareness of healthy diets and nutrition has increased, driven by both government and private initiatives. Private Label penetration is increasing across Dairy Food categories. Australians are showing a preference for Organic Products, for the sake of supporting sustainable consumption and doing their social responsibility.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Australian Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Food categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
Australia's population is aging, which creates an opportunity for more health-conscious product lines, and it is also becoming a more multi-cultural society due to immigration, which is increasing opportunities in regional dairy food products.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets’ continue to dominate in all categories of Dairy Food Market, owing to the intense price discounting in the Milk category, in order to bring customers footfall and maintain brand loyalty.
Milk and Yogurt constitute almost two thirds of the packaging material demand in the Dairy Food market in 2012, driving a significant requirement for Rigid Plastic, Paper & Board and Flexible packaging.
Milk and Cheese are among the most valuable categories of the Australian Dairy Food market by value. Marketers are exploring new products targeted towards health-conscious consumers.
The changing dynamics of Pudding/Dessert and Yogurt categories are driven by the preference for taste, flavor, variety and health consciousness among Australians.
- Australia's population is aging and becoming increasingly multi-cultural
- Food & Grocery growth will be concentrated in national chains
- Hypermarket & Supermarket will continue to dominate in Dairy Food market
- Public awareness regarding healthy diets and nutrition has increased
- Australian consumers are concerned about value for money and health
- Busy life and ethical consumerism are changing Dairy Food market dynamics D
- Rising weekly expenditure in Dairy Food is driving growth
- Healthy lifestyle impacting Dairy Food market
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the Australian Dairy Food market
- Increasing population and per capita consumption driving value growth in the Milk and Cheese categories
- Health conscious Australians are opting for healthier tasty alternatives in Pudding/Dessert and Yogurt category
- Convenience and taste are important factor in buying Butter and Cream products
Brands & Private Labels
- Intense price discounting in Milk category driving footfall in supermarket chains
- Private Labels are preferred in generic products in Dairy Food sector
- Key brands by category
- Milk and Yogurt’s high volume share is creating demand for Rigid Plastic packaging material
- Rising consumption of Yogurt will drive changes in packaging demand by 2017
Future Outlook– four key trends in Australian Dairy Food sector
- Demand for organic Dairy Food will grow
- Innovation will support sales of healthy, “better for you” dairy food products
- Yogurt will be further explored as a healthy snack option
- Private Label brands will grow across categories
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List of Tables
List Of Figures