This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indonesia Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Savory Snacks categories and their packaging.
Savory Snacks play a very important role in the Indonesian diet. Nuts & Seeds account for the majority of the Savory Snacks market by value, followed by Processed Snacks. Savory Snacks (krupuk and kripik) have a long tradition of being eaten as a meal enhancers and in-between-meals. Convenience Stores are the most successful format of distribution for Savory Snacks in Indonesia. Consumers prefer to buy Savory Snacks from traditional stores called ‘warungs’, small shops near residential areas, and ‘kaki limas’, which are street carts. This is followed by sales through modern retail channels such as Hypermarket & Supermarkets.
• Offering new product experiences that add value to the product can be a key marketing strategy
• Marketers can target region specific needs while exploring new ingredients in the Savory Snacks market
• Potato Chips, Ethnic Snacks, and Popcorn will drive future growth in the Savory Snacks market
• Convenience Stores account for the largest share in Indonesian Savory Snacks sales
• Rising consumption of Potato Chips, Ethnic Snacks, and Processed Snacks will drive changes in packaging demand by 2018
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indonesian Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
• Macro economic analysis
• Overview — consumption habits
• Overall value — volume analysis
• Value — volume analysis by categories
• Market share analysis
• Key trends
• Leading retailers
• Key distribution formats by categories
• Key packaging material and type
• Top packaging closures and outers
Leading players with market share
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures