This report is a thorough analysis of Canada Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Canada HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Canada.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Canada 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
• Canadian HNWIs held 27.4% (US$501 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$598.9 billion by 2020, accounting for 26.3% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
• North America accounted for 41.9% of Canadian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by the Asia-Pacific with 26.9%, Europe with 15.9%, Latin America with 11.5%, Africa with 3.2% and the Middle East with 0.5%.
• Canadian HNWI allocations to the Asia-Pacific increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 14.8% in 2011 to 26.9% in 2015.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment in the Asia-Pacific over the forecast period, to reach 35.2% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 CANADA KEY FACTS
4 DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN CANADA
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1 Domestic Private Banks
5.2 Foreign Private Banks
5.3 Wealth Managers
5.4 Family Offices
6 KEY DRIVERS
6.1 CAD-US$ Exchange Rate
6.2 Real GDP Growth
6.3 Per Capita GDP
6.4 Domestic Market Capitalization
6.5 Commodity Index
6.6 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
6.7 Inflation Rate
6.8 Interest Rate
6.9 Balance of Payments
6.1 Government Debt
6.11 Stock Market Performance
6.12 Wealth Breakdowns
7 ABOUT WEALTHINSIGHT
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Canadian Exchange Rate - CAD-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
Table 3: Canadian Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
Table 4: Canadian GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
Table 5: Canadian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
Table 6: Canadian Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
Table 7: Canadian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
Table 8: Canadian Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
Table 9: Canadian Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
Table 10: Canadian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
Table 11: Canadian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
Table 12: Canadian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
Table 13: Canadian HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
Table 14: Canada - Appendix One
Table 15: Canada - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Canada
Figure 3: Canadian Asset Price Performance (%), 2011-2015
Figure 4: Canadian HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2011-2020
Figure 5: Canadian vs Global HNWIs (%), 2011-2015
Figure 6: Canadian Exchange Rate - CAD-US$, 2011-2020
Figure 7: Canadian Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
Figure 8: Canadian GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
Figure 9: Canadian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
Figure 10: Canadian Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
Figure 11: Canadian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
Figure 12: Canadian Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
Figure 13: Canadian Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
Figure 14: Canadian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
Figure 15: Canadian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
Figure 16: Canadian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
Figure 17: Canadian HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
Figure 18: Canadian HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2011-2020
Figure 19: Canadian HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
Figure 20: Canadian HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2011-2020