This report is a thorough analysis of Hong Kongs Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Hong Kong HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the countrys HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
• Hong Kong HNWIs held 39.5% (US$431 billion) of their wealth outside of their home country in 2014; the worldwide average is 20-30%.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to reach US$546.1 billion by 2019, accounting for 38.2% of the countrys total HNWI assets.
• The Asia-Pacific accounted for 58.5% of Hong Kong HNWIs foreign assets in 2014. This was followed by North America with 17%, Latin America with 11.5%, Europe with 7.2%, Africa with 3.1% and the Middle East with 2.7%.
• Hong Kong HNWI allocations to Europe decreased from 18.1% in 2010 to 17% in 2014.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in Europe over the forecast period, to reach 16.1% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Distribution of Wealth in Hong Kong
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong
5.1.1 Domestic private banks
5.1.2 Foreign Private Banks
5.1.3 Wealth managers
5.1.4 Family offices
5.1.5 Financial advisors
5.2 Key Drivers
5.2.1 HKD to US$ exchange rate
5.2.2 Real GDP growth
5.2.3 Per capita GDP
5.2.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.2.5 Commodity index
5.2.6 Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
5.2.7 Inflation rate
5.2.8 Interest rate
5.2.9 Balance of payments
5.2.10 Government debt
5.2.11 Stock market performance
5.3 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: HKD to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
Table 3: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Table 4: Hong Kong GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Table 5: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 6: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Table 7: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Table 8: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 9: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 10: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 11: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Table 12: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Table 13: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Table 14: Hong Kong- Appendix One
Table 15: Hong Kong - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Hong Kong
Figure 3: Hong Kong Asset Price Performance (%), 2010-2014
Figure 4: Hong Kong HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2010-2019
Figure 5: Hong Kong vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: Hong Kong Exchange Rate - RUB to US$, 2010-2019
Figure 7: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Figure 8: Hong Kong GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Figure 9: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 10: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Figure 11: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 12: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 13: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 14: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 15: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 16: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Figure 17: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Figure 18: Hong Kong HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2010-2019
Figure 19: Hong Kong HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 20: Hong Kong HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010-2019