This report is a thorough analysis of Malaysia's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Malaysia HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Malaysia.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Malaysia 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
• Malaysian HNWIs held 24.9% (US$40 billion) of their wealth outside of their home country in 2014.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$54.9 billion by 2019, accounting for 26.1% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
• The Asia-Pacific accounted for 44.2% of Malaysian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. This was followed by Latin America (15.6%), North America (15.3%), the Middle East (11.2%), Africa (7.7%) and Europe (5.9%).
• Malaysian HNWI allocations to the Asia-Pacific decreased sharply compared with other regions during the review period, going from 58.4% in 2010 to 44.2% in 2014.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in the Asia-Pacific over the forecast period, to reach 34.4% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments decreasing due to growing confidence in other parts of the world.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Distribution of Wealth in Malaysia
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Malaysia
5.1.1 Domestic private banks
5.1.2 Foreign Private Banks
5.1.3 Wealth managers
5.1.4 Family offices
5.1.5 Financial advisors
5.2 Key Drivers
5.2.1 MYR to US$ exchange rate
5.2.2 Real GDP growth
5.2.3 Per capita GDP
5.2.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.2.5 Commodity index
5.2.6 Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
5.2.7 Inflation rate
5.2.8 Interest rate
5.2.9 Balance of payments
5.2.10 Government debt
5.2.11 Stock market performance
5.3 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: MYR to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
Table 3: Malaysian Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Table 4: Malaysian GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Table 5: Malaysian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 6: Malaysian Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Table 7: Malaysian Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Table 8: Malaysian Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 9: Malaysian Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 10: Malaysian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 11: Malaysian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Table 12: Malaysian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Table 13: Malaysian HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Table 14: Malaysia- Appendix One
Table 15: Malaysia - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Malaysia
Figure 3: Malaysian Asset Price Performance (%), 2010-2014
Figure 4: Malaysian HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2010-2019
Figure 5: Malaysian vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: Malaysian Exchange Rate - MYR to US$, 2010-2019
Figure 7: Malaysian Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Figure 8: Malaysian GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Figure 9: Malaysian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 10: Malaysian Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Figure 11: Malaysian Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 12: Malaysian Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 13: Malaysian Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 14: Malaysian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 15: Malaysian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 16: Malaysian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Figure 17: Malaysian HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Figure 18: Malaysian HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2010-2019
Figure 19: Malaysian HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 20: Malaysian HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010-2019