As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior, it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This report outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the oral hygiene category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the oral hygiene category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchases of these products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in oral hygiene products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to oral hygiene? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in oral hygiene and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for oral hygiene manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Mouthwash remains the fastest-growing category, with a CAGR of 3.6% predicted between 2013 and 2017. This is closely followed by toothpaste, with predicted growth of 3.4% over the same period. The toothpaste category also maintains the largest category share of the overall oral hygiene market.
As consumers see themselves as increasingly time-poor and want better value for money, they are becoming interested in affordable oral hygiene products that can be used on the go, anytime, anywhere and that speed up the oral hygiene routine. This has created demand for portable, multifunctional, waterless, and time-efficient oral care solutions.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel