The long-term challenge for ready meal brands has been to persuade consumers that such products have strengths above and beyond those of convenience alone. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the ready meals category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the ready meals category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors that drive consumers' ready meal preferences.
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in ready meals.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to ready meals? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in the ready meals category and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for ready meal manufacturers?
- How are industry players addressing growing consumers' health concerns?
The category continues to struggle to combat ingrained negative consumer perceptions relating to sensory attributes. Nonetheless, the industry is being proactive, with ready meal brands investing in various packaging innovations to retain and enhance flavor quality and added appeal of freshness.
Opportunities exist for ready meals to tap into the "high protein" trend and cater to consumer demand for products that aid weight management.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel