As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet shoppers' needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the soup category globally, relating these trends to Canadean Consumer's TrendSights mega-trend framework and providing constructive insight for each theme covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of soup products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in soup from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where soup will be heading next and what this means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in soup? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in soup and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for soup manufacturers and marketers?
Fewer than a third of consumers tend to stick to the same products when buying soups. Manufacturers must look to develop products that offer unique consumption experiences to keep consumers engaged and prevent them from switching to rival categories such as snacks.
Among the trends impacting the soup category are skinny soups, soup flavors inspired by lesser-known ethnic cuisines, premiumization as a way to counter negative perceptions around the quality of soups, and cross-category innovation
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures