As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the suncare category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of suncare products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in suncare products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to the suncare category?
- Where is innovation occurring in suncare products? What new concepts are emerging for future innovation this category?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for suncare product manufacturers?
In 2013, the suncare market was valued at $8.7bn, with sun protection accounting for almost two thirds (64%) of global spending in this category. The suncare category is poised for strong growth over the next few years as a result of growing awareness of sun protection and a trend toward self-tanning at home.
Rising awareness of sun damage and its link to diseases such as skin cancer is pushing consumers to place greater emphasis on effective sun protection. Consumers are now mindful that unprotected exposure to both types of the sun's ultra-violet radiation (UVA and UVB rays) for prolonged periods of time can damage skin texture and age it prematurely.