Australias Fish and Seafood market is forecast to register marginal growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. While the Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) category has the largest volume share, the Dried Fish and Seafood category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Demand for premium Fish and Seafood products is being driven by rising disposable incomes. Popularity of Halal and Kosher certified Fish and Seafood products will increase as Australia is a diverse multi-cultural society.
- The Fish and Seafood market in Australia registered a CAGR of 1.2% during 2010-2015.
- The Australian consumers prefer to purchase premium quality products in the Fish and Seafood market.
- Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) is the leading value category in the Australian Fish and Seafood market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Australian Food market.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material type in the Fish and Seafood market.
- Ocean Blue is the leading brand of Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed products in the Australian Fish and Seafood market.
- Australian consumers prefer Fish and Seafood products with healthy claims such as fat-free and low-salt.
Canadeans Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in Australia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Can-Food, Tray, Bag/Sachet, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Fish and Seafood products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Fish and Seafood products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table Of Contents
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the AustralianFood market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean?s consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- How to target the trend in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- How the trend will evolve in the Australian Fish and Seafood market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- Examples of products launched in Australia?sFish and Seafood market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in AUD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to AUD
Table 4: Average prices (AUD and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Brand share by categories, 2015