Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Prepared Meals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Busy lives, the search for convenience, and declining culinary skills are driving the Prepared Meals market in Brazil
- Brazil has second lowest per capita volume consumption among major countries in the world
- Men over-consume Prepared Meals in Brazil, whereas women under-consume
- Pre-Mid-Lifers are most likely to be classified as “heavy” users of Prepared Meals in Brazil
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Prepared Meals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Brazilian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Brazil and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Brazil-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Brazilian Prepared Meals consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Busy lives, the search for convenience, and declining culinary skills are driving the Prepared Meals market in Brazil
Brazil's Prepared Meals market is growing rapidly and is forecast to reach BRL3.5 billion by 2018
Ready Meals accounts for 56.3% of all volume sold in the Brazilian Prepared Meals market
There were 458.8 million Prepared Meals occasions in Brazil in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed among Kids and Babies and Males
Brazil is the smallest market among major markets both in terms of volume and value sales
Brazil has second lowest per capita volume consumption among major countries in the world
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Men over-consume Prepared Meals more than women in Brazil
Older consumers are under-consuming in the Brazilian Prepared Meals market
Males are marginally over reliant on Prepared Meals compared to females
Pre-Mid-Lifers are most likely to be classified as “heavy” users of Prepared Meals in Brazil
Consumer trend analysis
Busy lives and a desire for better value for money are the key motivations for consuming Prepared Meals in Brazil
Comparing consumer trends' influence on Prepared Meals' consumption across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: the delaying of responsibility and more ambitious life goals are driving the need for easy-to-prepare meals
The Connectivity mega-trend: social media has significant influence on Prepared Meals' consumption in Brazil
The Convenience mega-trend: the busy lives of consumers is the leading motivation for the consumption of Prepared Meals
The Ethics mega-trend: ethical and environmental issues have limited influence on the consumption of Prepared Meals in Brazil
The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: the desire for new experiences will influence consumption in the Prepared Meals market
The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health and Beauty aspects play a minimal role when it comes to the consumption of Prepared Meals
The Individuality mega-trend: consumers' desire to seek Personal Space and Time will influence the consumption of Prepared Meals in Brazil
The Trust mega-trend: product safety has a moderate influence on the consumption of Prepared Meals in Brazil
The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is among the leading trends influencing Prepared Meals' consumption in Brazil
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Brazilian consumers
Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Brazilian manufacturers
-Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to consider changing consumption patterns and marketing opportunities
-Opportunities lie among single-person households
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures