Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the French Bakery & Cereals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the French Bakery & Cereals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the French market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for France and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and France-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• France has one of the highest per capita volume consumption of Bakery & Cereals globally
• Older Consumers as a demographic have the highest number of Bakery & Cereals occasions per year
• The consumption of Bakery & Cereals among French consumers is driven by the pursuit of Indulgence and lifestage needs at an affordable price
• Busy lifestyles will drive demand for products convenient for on-the-go consumption
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of French Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Indulgence, Health, and wide product choices are the key drivers of Bakery & Cereal consumption
French Bakery & Cereals market, currently valued at EUR21.0 billion, will witness marginally higher growth in the next five years
The French Bakery & Cereals market is dominated by the Bread & Rolls category
There were 43.4 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in France in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers
Subdued volume consumption growth in Bakery & Cereals in France is resulting in modest growth in value terms
France has one of the highest per capita volume consumption of Bakery & Cereals globally
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Women marginally under-consume Bakery & Cereal products than men in France
Tweens & Early Teens over-consume Bakery & Cereal products
French men are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
Older consumers show a heavier consumption frequency
Consumer trend analysis
Indulgence is the key motivation for choosing Bakery & Cereal products in France
Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Lifestages needs will influence Bakery & Cereal consumption in France
The Connectivity mega-trend: The need for localism is highest in consumption of Morning Goods
The Convenience mega-trend: The search for convenience is an important motivation driving demand for on-the-go bakery products
The Ethics mega-trend: Consumers are not overly concerned by ethical and environmental issues
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Bakery & Cereal products are consumed as an indulgent treat
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns have a limited influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers will continue to seek baked products to accompany their breaks and personal time
The Trust mega-trend: Consumers assume the products' trustworthiness to be the responsibility of manufacturers and retailers
The Value mega-trend: The search for better value for money is a leading motivation influencing Bakery & Cereals consumption
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of French consumers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Manufacturers need to develop products targeting consumers desire for convenience and products to meet the needs of their lifestage
Manufacturers need to develop products that offer maximum experience and taste, as well as meeting the needs of an aging population
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures