Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Dairy Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Dairy Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Italian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Dairy Food, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Italy and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Dairy Food consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Italian-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Meeting age-specific needs is the primary driver of Italy’s Dairy market, motivating almost a third of consumption
• Italian consumers feel the strongest desire for connection to their cheese products, causing a desire for traditional heritage and regional produce
• The busy lives of consumers are driving the demand for on-the-go Dairy products
• Consumers seek high quality Dairy products, as well as those offering novel experiences
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Italian Dairy Food consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Dairy Food sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
A desire for healthy, convenient products is driving Dairy consumption in Italy
The Italian Dairy Food market has a value of EUR 13.4 billion and is forecast to witness accelerated value growth as consumers trade-up
The Italian Dairy market is driven by consumption of Milk and Cheese
There were close to 56.0 billion Dairy Food occasions in Italy, with per capita occasions highest among younger consumers
In Western Europe, the Italian Dairy Food market is second only to the UK in terms of forecasted growth in value sales
Italy has a saturated Dairy Food market registering minimal volume growth
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Italian men are slightly over consuming Dairy products, however both genders rely on them significantly
Older Consumers are marginally under-consuming Dairy products, indicating opportunities for increasing Dairy consumption
The majority of male and female Dairy consumers in Italy experience a heavy consumption frequency
Kids & Babies and Tweens & Early Teens are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Dairy products
Consumer trend analysis
Italian Dairy consumption is driven by a desire for products that meet age-specific needs, provide value, and offer comfort and relaxation
Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Dairy product across major markets provides a global context
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Meeting age-specific needs is the primary driver of Italy’s Dairy market, motivating almost a third of consumption
The Connectivity mega-trend: Italian consumers feel the strongest desire for Connection in Cheese, opting for traditional regional produce
The Convenience mega-trend: The busy lives of consumers are driving demand for on-the-go Dairy products
The Ethics mega-trend: Italian consumers are not highly motivated to opt for ethical Dairy offerings
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers seek high quality Dairy products, as well as those offering novel experiences
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Consumers are looking for Dairy products to meet their nutritional needs as well as better-for-you options
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers look to Dairy products to accompany moments of relaxation and me-time
The Trust mega-trend: Consumers desire products in packaging that ensures product safety and freshness
The Value mega-trend: Over a fifth of Dairy consumption in Italy is driven by a desire for better value products
Manufacturers of Dairy Food are innovating across categories to target growing needs of Italian consumers
Manufacturers across the globe are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning and packaging
•Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers should develop functional products to meet the needs of an aging population
•Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to adapt Dairy positioning to maximise consumption occasions
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures