Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Prepared Meals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
• Consumers aged 55 and over are the main consumer group for Prepared Meals in Russia
• Russia’s Prepared Meals market is among the fastest-growing by value and volume
• Consumption of Prepared Meals in Russia is largely driven by the desire for convenient products at affordable prices
• The desire for better value for money will result in greater private label penetration
• Consumers’ desire for novel flavors will be reflected in their choice of Prepared Meals
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Prepared Meals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Russian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Russia and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of consumers will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Russia-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Russia’s Prepared Meals’ consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice and these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Changing Lifestyle and the search for convenience are driving demand for Prepared Meals Russia
The Russian Prepared Meals market currently values RUB143.8 billion and will witness high growth in the next five years
Ready Meals accounts for the highest share of volume consumption in the Russian Prepared Meals market
There were 1.1 billion Prepared Meals occasions in Russia with consumption higher among women and Older Consumers
The Prepared Meals market in Russia is the fifth highest across major countries, in value terms
The Russian Prepared Meals market is forecast to register the highest growth among European nations, in volume terms
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Russian females are marginally over-consuming Prepared Meals compared to their male counterparts
The working class population are primarily over-consuming in the Russian Prepared Meals market
Russian women are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Prepared Meals
Russia's working population follow 'heavy frequency' consumption of Prepared Meals
Consumer trend analysis
The desire to seek Personal Space and Time is the leading motivation for choosing Prepared Meals in Russia
Consumer trends influencing Prepared Meals' consumption can be compared globally to highlight the degree of influence of each trend
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: The evolving needs of different age groups is driving Prepared Meals' consumption in Russia
The Connectivity mega-trend: Technology Uptake has a minimal influence in creating a 'connect' between consumers and the product
The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of Russian consumers is among the primary motivators for choosing Prepared Meals
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical concerns have a minimal impact on the consumption of Prepared Meals in Russia
The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: Russian consumers' desire to indulge in Prepared Meals is driving consumption volumes
The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns will remain secondary in Russia's Prepared Meals market
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers' desire to seek Personal Space and Time fuels consumption of Prepared Meals in Russia
The Trust mega-trend: Russian consumers are not overly concerned about the safety of the Prepared Meals they purchase
The Value mega-trend: When choosing Prepared Meals, Russian consumers desire value for money products
Manufacturers of Prepared Meals are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Russian consumers
Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Russian manufacturers
Manufacturers should target Russian consumers with value offerings and tasty, convenient snack products
Manufacturers should explore food pairings and target more than just convenient hunger-fixes
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures