Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Savory Snacks Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Savory Snacks Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Russian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Russia and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Russia-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Russia’s Savory Snacks market is one of the fastest-growing Savory Snacks markets worldwide
• Older Consumers as a demographic have the highest number of Savory Snacks occasions per year
• Consumption of Savory Snacks among Russian consumers was driven by pursuit of pleasure and Indulgence
• Convenient for on-the-go consumption, Savory Snacks that accompany consumers’ breaks during busy days will continue driving growth
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
The Russian Savory Snacks market is driven by a desire for fun, indulgent, affordable products for social occasions and me-time
The Russian Savory Snacks market has a value of RUB 138.7 billion with high sales growth expected over the next five years
The Processed Snacks category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in the Russian Savory Snacks market
There were11.2 billion Savory Snacks occasions in Russia in 2012, with consumption higher among women and Older Consumers
The Russian Savory Snacks market is second to China in terms of value and volume among the BRIC countries
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Russian women consume more Savory Snacks than their male counterparts
Older consumers are primarily under-consuming in the Russian Savory Snacks market, providing opportunities for healthy snacks penetration
Female Savory Snacks consumers in Russia have a heavier consumption frequency than men
Kids & Babies can be classified as ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks in Russia
Consumer trend analysis
Indulgence and a desire to seek Better Value for Money are the key motivations for choosing Savory Snacks in Russia
Consumer trends influencing Savory Snacks can be compared globally, to provide greater context on the degree of influence each trend has
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: The evolving needs of different age groups drive Savory Snack consumption in Russia
The Connectivity mega-trend: Technology Uptake has marginal influence in creating a ‘connection’ between consumers and the products they choose
The Convenience mega-trend: Hectic lifestyles drives Russian consumers to opt for snacks suitable for on-the-go consumption
The Ethics mega-trend: Environmental and Ethical concerns have little influence on Savory Snacks consumption in Russia
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: A desire for Indulgence is the leading driver of Russia’s Savory Snacks market
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns have minimal impact on Savory Snack consumption in Russia
The Individuality mega-trend: Russian consumers look to Savory Snacks to provide moments of escapism, relaxation, and me-time
The Trust mega-trend: Product safety is not a primary motivator of Russian Savory Snacks consumption choice
The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek better value for money in their everyday snack products
Manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Russian consumers
Global innovations on formulation can be a source of inspiration for Russian manufacturers
Manufacturers should increase per capita consumption through offering indulgence, health, and novel food pairings
Manufacturers need to develop products targeting a fragmenting market
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures