'Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Ecuador's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Ecuadorian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Ecuador's telecom services market recorded total revenue of $3.1bn in 2013, representing 3.3% of the country's GDP and positioning as the eighth largest in Latin America.
- Fixed broadband penetration remains low when compared with that of other major markets in the region. We expect broadband lines to increase at a CAGR of 12.9% between 2014-2019 to reach 2.7m lines by 2019, for a population penetration of 16.4%.
- Adoption of LTE has been slow so far and we anticipate that less than 1% of the country's mobile subscriptions will be connected to LTE networks at year-end 2014. We expect Claro and Movistar to commercially rollout LTE services in 2015.
- The pay-TV market in Ecuador will generate $230m in service revenue in 2014, up from $175m in 2013. Pay-TV subscriptions will reach 1.3m at year-end 2014, translating into a household penetration of 40.6%, below the region's average of 45.7%.
“Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ecuador's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Ecuador in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ecuador.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ecuador's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Ecuador's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ecuador.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Ecuadorian market to operators, vendors and investors.