Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines how 7UP Antioxidant failed to align with mainstream consumer trends in the Health andamp; Wellness space by launching a functional health beverage that was accused of making misleading health claims.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is 7UP Antioxidant considered an interesting case of failure?
- What consumer insight underpins this failure?
- What can I learn from the failure of 7UP Antioxidant?
Consumer interest in functional food and beverages is strong, but relatively few are buying the products, representing an innovation gap.
7UP Antioxidant was positioned as a functional health drink, but the antioxidant benefit came from a synthetic source, which, it is claimed, lacked the health benefits that were promoted.