FEI Company (FEIC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
FEI Company (FEI) is a supplier of scientific instruments and related services for nanoscale applications and solutions. It designs and manufactures a wide range of high-performance microscopy workflow solutions. These solutions provide images and answers at the micro-, nano- and picometer scales. The companys product portfolio includes transmission electron microscopes (TEMs); scanning electron microscopes (SEMs); DualBeam systems; stand-alone FIBs; and high-performance optical microscopes. The company also offers 3D modeling software, and related services and components for its products. FEI offers these products in the US and over 50 other countries. It operates manufacturing facilities in Hillsboro, the US; Eindhoven, the Netherlands; Brno, Czech Republic; and Munich, Germany. The company is headquartered in Hillsboro, the US.
FEI Company Key Recent Developments
Oct 24, 2013: FEI Announces the Installation of Tecnai Arctica Cryo-TEM at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
Jun 06, 2013: FEI And University Of Oklahoma Begin Collaboration Research Agreement For Understanding And Developing Unconventional Oil And Gas Reservoirs
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
FEI Company - Key Facts 6
FEI Company - Key Employees 7
FEI Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
FEI Company - Major Products and Services 9
FEI Company - History 10
FEI Company - Company Statement 17
FEI Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Joint Venture 22
Section 2 - Company Analysis 23
FEI Company - Business Description 23
FEI Company - SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis - Overview 24
FEI Company - Strengths 24
Strength - Integrated Technologies 24
Strength - Research and Development 24
Strength - Strong Order Backlog 24
Strength - Business Performance: Industry Group 24
FEI Company - Weaknesses 25
Weakness - Working Capital Concerns 25
FEI Company - Opportunities 26
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships: SALVE Project Research Collaboration 26
Opportunity - Product Innovation 26
Opportunity - Global Semiconductor Industry 26
FEI Company - Threats 27
Threat - Competitive Atmosphere 27
Threat - Dependence on Major Suppliers 27
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 27
FEI Company - Key Competitors 28
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 34
FEI Company, Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments 36
Sep 03, 2014: FEI Announces Teneo VS for 3D Volume Imaging of Cells and Tissues 36
Aug 04, 2014: FEI Reports New Advances In Neuroscience In Collaboration With National Institute Of health 37
Section 5 - Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List Of Tables
FEI Company, Key Facts 6
FEI Company, Key Employees 7
FEI Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
FEI Company, Major Products and Services 9
FEI Company, History 10
FEI Company, Other Locations 20
FEI Company, Subsidiaries 20
FEI Company, Joint Venture 22
FEI Company, Key Competitors 28
FEI Company, Ratios based on current share price 29
FEI Company, Annual Ratios 30
FEI Company, Interim Ratios 33
FEI Company, Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
List Of Figures
FEI Company, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 32
FEI Company, Ratio Charts 34