This report provides an understanding of the most appealing flavor types within the tea category and outlines consumer preferences for individual flavors in this market.
- Consumer experimentation is fairly high in tea, with almost two thirds of consumers saying they opt for new flavors sometimes or often. This audience is most likely to be encouraged to trial new flavors through their own curiosity or through a positive sampling experience.
- Given the traditional nature of tea consumption, widely-known herbal variants like mint, chamomile, peppermint, and bergamot account for a large proportion of flavor preferences. Within this segment however, the roles of each tea flavor can be thought to be different, with herbal tea functionality ranging from refresher to relaxer.
Flavor Appeal in Tea provides an understanding of the most appealing flavor types within the tea category and outlines consumer preferences for individual flavors in this market. It highlights key opportunities for flavor innovation within the category by offering a "deep dive" into regional and demographic-specific nuances using insight from Canadeans 2015 Q2 global survey.
It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Your key questions answered:
- Which flavor type in tea is the most appealing to consumers?
- Which countries and demographics present opportunities for flavor innovation in tea products?
- What factors encourage trial of new tea flavor variants? Does this vary by age?
- How does the appeal of individual flavors stack up against each other within a flavor type?
Reasons To Buy
- Includes proprietary data from Canadeans 2015 Q2 global survey.
- Offers a "deep dive" into demographic and regional nuances in flavor preferences for tea products.
- Provides inspiration from product examples that showcase best-in-class flavor innovations in tea.
- Delivers insight into the appeal of individual flavors within popular flavor groups in the tea category.
Table Of Contents
Attitudes and approaches to flavor selection
Tea flavor preferences at a glance
Tea flavor preferences by consumption frequency
Tea flavor preferences by region
Tea flavor preferences by gender and age
Opportunities by flavor type: herbal
Opportunities by flavor type: sweet
Opportunities by flavor type: fruity
Opportunities by flavor type: floral
Opportunities by flavor type: spicy
On-trend innovation: Health and Wellness
On-trend innovation: Comfort and Uncertainty
On-trend innovation: Evolving Landscapes
List Of Tables
List Of Figures