The UK foodservice market is dynamic, with growth and decline influenced by a number of key trends. This brief looks at the most impactful in the full-service restaurants channel, evidenced by proprietary market data. In doing so, it identifies the biggest growth categories - highlighting opportunities for manufacturers and outlets alike.
- Understand the key trends influencing the UK full-service restaurants channel today.
- Access market data showcasing the biggest value growth opportunities by 2019.
- Understand the dominant categories and segments, and how they are predicted to perform in the next five years.
Reasons To Buy
- How will the UK full-service restaurants channel perform in the next five years?
- Which categories represent the biggest growth areas in the UK full-service restaurants channel and why?
- What are the major weaknesses and threats to growth in the UK full-service restaurants channel?
Fruit-flavored drinks such as cider and juices have been the best-performing segments in the full-service channel in 2014 due to changing drinking habits, an increasingly female consumer base, heightened desire for flavor experimentation, and rising health concerns.
Cakes and desserts have been on the decline (-0.74% y-o-y between 2013 and 2014) as consumers tend to eschew the course to save money, while the recent success of TV programs such as the Great British Bake-Off encourages consumers to bake at home.
Keywords: FSR, full-service, table service, upmarket.