This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- How does "buy one, give one" level the playing field between large and small packaged goods companies?
- Personalization is a new twist on the "buy one, give one" concept. What approaches are companies using to personalize "buy one, give one"?
- What major factor is driving a shift away from charitable giving and toward socially responsible shopping?
- "Buy one, give one" started in the shoe industry. What categories and products are now embracing the marketing concept?
- Critics say that 'buy one, give one" can actually make poverty worse. How this is possible and what is being changed to address this?
Socially responsible shopping is gaining popularity as consumers begin to move away from more traditional types of charitable giving. "Buy one, give one" is a type of socially responsible shopping that offers a new platform to engage consumers and can even help to rebuild flagging trust in for-profit packaged goods companies.