This report was compiled according to Canadean Consumer's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- How does coconut oil differ from other types of cooking oils like corn, soybean, and vegetable oil?
- What kinds of functional health claims are being made for coconut oil and products containing coconut oil?
- Can coconut oil help delay the aging process, especially aging of the brain?
- "Oil pulling" with coconut oil is said to whiten teeth and improve gum health. Are these and other coconut oil health claims exaggerated?
Once viewed as a highly saturated, artery-clogging trans-fat, coconut oil is now seen as a functional ingredient high in desirable medium-chain fatty acids that can help improve athletic performance, aid weight-loss efforts, and more. This image transformation is sparking a boom in coconut oil products and the use of coconut oil as an ingredient.