This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in consumer packaged goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the consumer packaged goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit in to - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- What can ancient cultures teach us about edible insects?
- An estimated two billion people worldwide currently consume edible insects. Where is edible insect consumption currently concentrated?
- What are the most common types of edible insects globally?
- Edible insects boast a number of advantages over other protein sources. What nutritional, environmental and economic benefits do these insects offer?
- Western consumers are culturally conditioned to avoid insects. What edible insect format offers promise for squeamish consumers?
The world is hungry for new solutions to food production issues. Edible insects may be just such a solution. This sustainable food source requires little land for production and uses a fraction of the feed resources of traditional protein sources like beef, but provides versatile, high quality protein.