This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in fast-moving packaged goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- Climate-related natural disasters are on the rise. What types of emergencies do consumers perceive to be the biggest threats going forward?
- "Preppers" take a two-pronged approach to preparing for emergencies. How are those two approaches influencing innovation in emergency foods?
- How are retailers beginning to respond to the "prepper" trend?
- Breakthroughs in food packaging and processing are aiding the emergency food trend. What innovation completely eliminates the need for "regular" food?
- Outdoor foods have risen as the "prepper" trend has accelerated. What food processing technology from this market is especially "prepper friendly"?
The "prepper" trend that was once the object of ridicule is attracting mainstream attention and is influencing food innovation. With natural disasters like fires and floods becoming more frequent and the fear of manmade disasters like blackouts and financial collapses on the rise, interest and innovation in emergency foods is growing.
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures