Guatemala: Introduction of LTE Services and Operator Efforts to Enhance 3G Networks to Drive Growth in Data Segment, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Guatemalas mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Guatemalan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- With revenue of US$2.9bn in 2014, 4.8% of GDP, the telecom services market in Guatemala is the largest in Central America. Over the next five years, we expect overall telecom services revenue to grow at a 3.4% CAGR, reaching $3.4bn by 2019. The mobile voice and data segments alone generated 66.1% of total revenue for the segment in 2014, while the fixed broadband Internet, voice and pay-TV segments accounted for the remaining 33.9%.
- By year-end 2014, mobile operators Movistar and Claro reported a combined net loss of 774,809 mobile subscriptions in Guatemala. This disconnection is the result of operators internal policies to clean up their bases and improve their current ARPS levels.
- Pyramid Research projects Guatemala closed 2014 with an estimated 2.6m fixed access lines, with PSTN lines accounting for 72.3% of the total, a 3.5% decline from the previous year. Despite the fact that DSL will continue to be the most adopted broadband technology between 2014 and 2019, we expect cable to expand at a faster pace, as Tigo has announced plans to invest in upgrading and increasing its network capacity in Guatemala.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guatemala today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Guatemalas telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Guatemala compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Guatemala.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Guatemalas telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guatemalas telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guatemalas mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guatemalas telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guatemala.