'Italy: Mobile Broadband Drives Telecom Market Growth as MandA Activity Intensifies,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Italy's mobile, fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Italian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The mobile broadband segment, fuelled by the adoption of data-centric devices such as Smartphones and tablets, is the most important driver for growth in Italy's telecommunications market. In fixed broadband, Italy lags all other major European markets. Nonetheless, the country fares better than average in the region when it comes to mobile broadband. The growth of mobile data is largely driven by the strong uptake of HSDPA- and LTE-based services, as Italy already has the widest mobile broadband population coverage among the top five European markets.
- The consumer segment will for some time remain affected by negative macroeconomic conditions, currently manifested in a deflationary trend. The segment is also suffering from the near-nonexistence of a triple-play market, given the lack of IPTV offerings and the dominance in pay-TV of DTH player Sky, which lacks a broadband play. Even so, 3G+ and 4G represent huge opportunities for mobile operators, as non-messaging data services will continue to grow steadily in through 2019. Given the challenges faced by the fixed and multiplay consumer segments, the enterprise market is becoming a strategic priority for operators. We expect major opportunities to arise in connectivity, cloud computing and unified communications services aimed at SMEs.
- In fixed broadband, in spite of the growth in FTTH/B, Italian operators are focusing on extending the life of DSL by rolling out VDSL2/FTTC technologies. This means that the deployment of vectoring and the advancement of G.fast standards for the provision of superfast broadband over DSL are especially important for the development of NGA in the country. Telecom Italia, for example, will continue to invest in upgrading its broadband network to FTTC. Besides the incumbent, Fastweb is deploying VDSL2/FTTC alongside FTTH, while Vodafone started deploying VDSL2/FTTC in 2014.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Italy's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Italy in a regional context: a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Italy's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Italy's communications market. The analysis is based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Italy market to operators, vendors and investors.