Libbey Inc. (LBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Libbey Inc. (Libbey) is a glass tableware manufacturer. The company designs and manufactures high-quality glass tableware, ceramic dinnerware, metal flatware, hollowware and serveware, and distributes and markets them in the foodservice, retail and business-to-business markets. It has manufacturing facilities in the US, the Netherlands, China, Portugal and Mexico. It operates distribution facilities close to its manufacturing facilities. Libbey sells its products under brands names such as Libbey, Crisa, Royal Leerdam, World Tableware, Syracuse China and Crisal Glass. The company markets its products across North and South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Libbey is headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Libbey Inc. - Key Facts 6
Libbey Inc. - Key Employees 7
Libbey Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Libbey Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Libbey Inc. - History 10
Libbey Inc. - Company Statement 12
Libbey Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 – Company Analysis 16
Libbey Inc. - Business Description 16
Libbey Inc. - Corporate Strategy 18
Libbey Inc. - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Libbey Inc. - Strengths 19
Strength - Diversified Manufacturing & Distribution Base 19
Strength - Operational Performance 19
Strength - Market Leading Operations 19
Libbey Inc. - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Increasing Trade Receivables 20
Libbey Inc. - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Growing Retail Industry 21
Opportunity - Distribution Agreements 21
Opportunity - New Product Launches 21
Libbey Inc. - Threats 22
Threat - Currency Fluctuation 22
Threat - Intense Competition 22
Threat - Increasing Cost of Raw Materials 22
Libbey Inc. - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 – Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Libbey Inc., Key Facts 6
Libbey Inc., Key Employees 7
Libbey Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Libbey Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Libbey Inc., History 10
Libbey Inc., Other Locations 14
Libbey Inc., Subsidiaries 14
Libbey Inc., Key Competitors 23
Libbey Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
Libbey Inc., Annual Ratios 25
Libbey Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
Lisst Of Figures
List of Figures
Libbey Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 27
Libbey Inc., Ratio Charts 29