This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector in the US.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of five Haircare categories: Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms and Relaxers, Shampoo, Styling Agents.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms and Relaxers, Shampoo, Styling Agents categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the US Haircare sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Haircare sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the US Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Haircare products used in the US will steadily increase during 2012-2017.However, the market registered negative growth during 2009 as the market is not immune to the economic recession.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The US has a large young population, as a number of Millennials will reach the age of 25 years, or older, during 2012–2017. Their growing aspiration to look young and beautiful will drive demand for Haircare products in the country. Moreover, Consumers are now increasingly looking for quality and value for money products for home usage, rather than making expensive visits to salons
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the US Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across five Haircare categories and their 20.
Reasons To Buy
Table Of Contents
- The growing influence of an affluent population and increasing GDP per capita will drive demand for consumer goods in the US
- Health and Beauty growth will be concentrated in national chains
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets will account for the largest share of sales in the US Haircare market
- Haircare product consumption in the US is led by Affluent males and females
- Older Young Adults are the heaviest consumers of Haircare products in the US
- The desire to stay young and beautiful is the key motivator for Haircare purchases in the US
- Demand for better value products together with the desire to look more beautiful drive Haircare needs in the US
- Growing Individual needs and Quality are driving growth in the US Haircare market
- The US Haircare market is expected to register a steady increase in volume and value growth
- Shampoo is the largest and fastest growing category in the Haircare market
- Shampoo to witness marginal increase in market share during the period 2012-2017
- Conditioner and Hair Colorants to witness increased sales and are expected to grow steadily over 2012-2017
- Styling Agents will be the fastest growing category in the Haircare market
Brands & Private Labels
- Pantene and Loreal leads with brand share in the Conditioner and Hair Colorants category while Clairol is the largest selling Perms & relaxers brand
- US consumers continue to prefer branded products over Private label
- Private label sales of Styling Agents is driving category growth
- Shampoo and conditioner high volume share is creating demand of Rigid Plastics Bottles Packaging and Flip/Snap Top Closures
- Rising consumption of Haircare products will drive increase in packaging demand by 2017
Future Outlook– Key trends in the US Haircare sector
- Product innovation targeting busy consumers and increased online interaction with consumers are the key trends in the haircare market
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures