This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in China. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Male Toiletries categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Male Toiletries categories.
An overview of 20 trends in Chines Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Chinese Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
While growth has been steady in local currency terms, closely matching volume growth, volatile exchange rates have added complexity to the market for international companies. For instance, the value of the Chinese Yuan versus the US$ fell rapidly during the second half of 2012.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The most important motivation by far is Quality, since Chinese consumers are now paying increased attention to product quality following the continual revelation of inferior quality cosmetic products available in the market.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Chinese Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Male Toiletries categories and their 20.
Table Of Contents
- Rising living standards have shifted consumers’ focus from basic needs to a higher quality of life
- Department stores account for majority of Health & Beauty sales
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the most preferred destination for buying Male Toiletries products in China
- Use of Male Toiletries is high among Older Consumers and those who are financially Better Off
- Opportunities exist to encourage Chinese consumers to adopt a daily Shaving routine
- The Male Toiletries sector in China is characterized by growing number of Quality Seeking consumers
- Quality of a product remains key for the purchase of Male Toiletries in China
- Age specific needs and products that offer better value for money are other key trends driving the market growth
- Male Toiletries market in China is growing steadily, however, fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the market
- After Shaves & Colognes and Pre-Shave Cosmetics are to record the fastest value growth during 2012-2017
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics and Aftershaves & Colognes will gain market share in 2007-17
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics and Aftershaves & Colognes will continue to grow in China’s Male Toiletries market
- Innovation in providing shaving comfort is driving category growth in Men's Disposable Razors & Blades
Brands & Private Labels
- Private label penetration in Male Toiletries categories is relatively low
- High private label growth expected in Pre-Shave Cosmetics and Aftershaves & Colognes categories
- Gillette is the leading brand among all the categories of Male Toiletries in China
- The high volume share of Disposable Razors & Blades is creating demand of Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets
- Rigid Plastic will remain the most popular packaging material along with Flexible Packaging while use of Paper & Board will decline
Future Outlook– four key trends in China’s Male Toiletries sector
- The future of Male Toiletries market in China is characterized by increasing desire for dry shaving
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures