Merck Limited (MERCK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Merck Limited (Merck India), formerly E. Merck Limited, is a manufacturer of pharmaceutical products, fine chemicals and pigments. The Pharmaceutical product portfolio of the company includes prescription drugs and OTC products through its divisions. It markets pharmaceutical products under the brand names of Neurobion, Polybion, Evion, Livogen Concor, Nasivion, Seven Seas and Electrobion, among others. The company’s chemicals portfolio includes active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), biopharmaceuticals and pigments, among others. Merck India’s chemical products find application in the electronics, food, pharmaceutical, printing, coatings, cosmetics and biotechnology industries. It operates mainly in India and exports its products to Asian and African countries such as Nepal, Lebanon, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Libya, among others. The company operates as a subsidiary of Merck KGaA. Merck India is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Merck Limited - Key Facts 6
Merck Limited - Key Employees 7
Merck Limited - Major Products and Services 8
Merck Limited - History 9
Merck Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 10
Head Office 10
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 10
Section 2 – Company Analysis 11
Merck Limited - Business Description 11
Merck Limited - Corporate Strategy 12
Merck Limited - SWOT Analysis 13
SWOT Analysis - Overview 13
Merck Limited - Strengths 13
Strength - Business Performance: Pharmaceuticals Segment 13
Strength - Support from the Parent Company 13
Strength - Focused Research and Development Activities 13
Merck Limited - Weaknesses 14
Weakness - Dependence on Third Parties 14
Merck Limited - Opportunities 15
Opportunity - New Product Launches 15
Opportunity - Growing Paint and Coatings Industry 15
Opportunity - Growth Potential: India 15
Merck Limited - Threats 16
Threat - Uncertain R&D Outcomes 16
Threat - Government Regulations 16
Threat - Market Competition 16
Threat - Anti Dumping Duty 16
Merck Limited - Key Competitors 17
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 19
Performance Chart 21
Financial Performance 21
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 23
Section 4 – Appendix 24
Ratio Definitions 24
About GlobalData 28
Contact Us 28
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Merck Limited, Key Facts 6
Merck Limited, Key Employees 7
Merck Limited, Major Products and Services 8
Merck Limited, History 9
Merck Limited, Other Locations 10
Merck Limited, Key Competitors 17
Merck Limited, Ratios based on current share price 18
Merck Limited, Annual Ratios 19
Merck Limited, Interim Ratios 22
Currency Codes 24
Capital Market Ratios 24
Equity Ratios 25
Profitability Ratios 25
Cost Ratios 26
Liquidity Ratios 26
Leverage Ratios 27
Efficiency Ratios 27
Lisst Of Figures
List of Figures
Merck Limited, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 21
Merck Limited, Ratio Charts 23