Naspers Limited (NPN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Naspers Limited (Naspers) is a multinational media company that provides ecommerce, internet services, video entertainment and print media services across the world. It is also the largest technology investors in the world. The company’s Internet services include eCommerce services such as classifieds, online retail, marketplaces, online comparison shopping, payments and online services. Naspers' video entertainment services include direct-to-home satellite services, digital terrestrial television services and online and mobile services. It publishes magazines and newspapers, and provides printing, distribution, print media investments and book publishing services. It has minority investments in listed, integrated social-network platforms such as Tencent and Mail.ru. The company operates across Africa, China, Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Naspers is headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Naspers Limited - Key Facts 6
Naspers Limited - Key Employees 7
Naspers Limited - Key Employee Biographies 8
Naspers Limited - Major Products and Services 9
Naspers Limited - History 10
Naspers Limited - Company Statement 13
Naspers Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 – Company Analysis 18
Naspers Limited - Business Description 18
Naspers Limited - Corporate Strategy 20
Naspers Limited - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Naspers Limited - Strengths 21
Strength - Leading Market Position 21
Strength - Business Performance: Internet 21
Strength - Increase in Net Working Capital 21
Naspers Limited - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - Higher Operating Costs 22
Naspers Limited - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Advertising Markets 23
Opportunity - Strategic Investments 23
Opportunity - Retail Boom in India 23
Naspers Limited - Threats 24
Threat - Piracy Issues 24
Threat - Competition 24
Threat - Foreign Exchange Risks 24
Naspers Limited - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 – Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
Disclaimer 36List of Tables
Naspers Limited, Key Facts 6
Naspers Limited, Key Employees 7
Naspers Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Naspers Limited, Major Products and Services 9
Naspers Limited, History 10
Naspers Limited, Subsidiaries 16
Naspers Limited, Key Competitors 25
Naspers Limited, Ratios based on current share price 26
Naspers Limited, Annual Ratios 27
Naspers Limited, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 35
Efficiency Ratios 35List of Figures
Naspers Limited, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 29
Naspers Limited, Ratio Charts 31