Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) is an electric transmission company. The company is a controlled electric service provider that gives transmission and distribution services. It creates power using a mixture of fossil fuels such as gas, coal and nuclear and renewable sources such as hydroelectric, biomass, wind and methane gas. Pepco is helping in the development of smart grid by installing smart grid meters in homes and businesses from corner to corner in the D.C, the US. The company in addition offers Green power connection enabling consumers in installing renewable-powered generators and sells unused energy back to the power grid. It serves a large customer base of more than 778,000 consumers out of which 252,000 are placed in the District of Columbia (D.C) and 526,000 are situated in Maryland. Pepco started as a subsidiary of the Washington Traction and Electric Company, streetcar company in Washington wherein excess energy was at that time sold to other electric streetcar companies and to cable car companies so that they could convert to electricity and later, the power was also sold to business and residential customers. Pepco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI). Pepco is headquartered in Washington D.C., the US.
Potomac Electric Power Company Key Recent Developments
Jun 18, 2014: Commission receives application for approval of the PEPCO/ DDOT power lines underground projects plan
Mar 25, 2014: Commission Issues Decision in Pepco Distribution Rate Case
Feb 26, 2014: Maryland PSC Establishes Smart Meter Opt-Out Fees
Jan 23, 2014: PJM Asks Consumers In BGE And Pepco Regions To Conserve Electricity
Sep 26, 2012: District of Columbia PSC Denies 42% Of Pepco Rate Increase
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Potomac Electric Power Company provides you with an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile will give you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the 'Profile on Demand' Service, covering over 50,000 of the world's leading companies. Once purchased, We will comprehensively research and author a full strategic analysis of Potomac Electric Power Company and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including*,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Potomac Electric Power Company - Key Information
Potomac Electric Power Company - Overview
Potomac Electric Power Company - Key Employees
Potomac Electric Power Company - Key Employee Biographies
Potomac Electric Power Company - Key Operational Heads
Potomac Electric Power Company - Major Products and Services
Potomac Electric Power Company - History
Potomac Electric Power Company - Company Statement
Potomac Electric Power Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Potomac Electric Power Company - Business Description
Potomac Electric Power Company - Corporate Strategy
Potomac Electric Power Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Potomac Electric Power Company - Strengths
Potomac Electric Power Company - Weaknesses
Potomac Electric Power Company - Opportunities
Potomac Electric Power Company - Threats
Potomac Electric Power Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Appendix
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Potomac Electric Power Company, Key Information
Potomac Electric Power Company, Major Products and Services
Potomac Electric Power Company, History
Potomac Electric Power Company, Key Employees
Potomac Electric Power Company, Key Employee Biographies
Potomac Electric Power Company, Key Operational Heads
Potomac Electric Power Company, Other Locations
Potomac Electric Power Company, Subsidiaries
Potomac Electric Power Company, Key Competitors
Potomac Electric Power Company, SWOT Analysis
List Of Figures